Sunday, January 16, 2005

 

Post Three!

I got in a fight with my father today, which is extremely rare. I think this counts the second actual fight that we have ever had. It was so stupid, too. He was trying to pull the refrigerator out of it’s space in our kitchen so that he could try to re-hook up the ice-maker thing. Of course, he didn’t try to do this until he was five minutes late for work. So he can’t do it, obviously, because of his sciatica; and he calls me to help. I tell him that pulling it out at all is pointless because Pastor Thom (who was installing it for us) had said it doesn’t work yet, though I could not recall exactly why (Or if, in fact, it was actually true. It just came to mind.) Anyway, he is in a pretty foul mood already and starts arguing with me about doing it anyway because we need to fix it. This causes my temper to flare up, because I have one of the worst tempers in the world, and then we start yelling at each other until I drop the words, “This is a waste of time.”
At which point he explodes and starts saying all this stuff about how horrible it is for me to say that him trying to improve his House is a waste of time. Also, that my time isn’t exactly precious because I sit around all day doing nothing (True enough, one point for Dad.) to which I replied that his time was precious because he was already late for work. Then he said that I don’t care about the house and I don’t do anything to help or something and I said, “I am glad to see how you feel about me, Dad. I am done talking now.” And went into my room.
Not only do my Dad and I very rarely have fights, but they have NEVER been as pointless and heated as that kind of fight. My Dad prides our family on being too intelligent for that, our fights are usually more like chess games (well, when they aren’t just petty, “NO! I don’t WANNA!”s).
Anyway, it was thoroughly depressing. He came to my room and apologized, and I said, “That’s fine.” I didn’t apologize myself, though of course I should have, because I am a mean and angry bastard.
He also lost his hat. He’s not really having a good day.

Right. So the general shitty tone of the night seems to have been set, and I don’t really think I can shake it. What’re you gonna do though, right? The answer is nothing. That or pop perk. I’ve had a headache all day, might as well dull the pain both physically and mentally, right?
The answer here is, “Sure, John. Do what you like, we don’t mind.”
I picked up my old habit of doing crazy black sketches with a uniball pen. It is so fun, but it’s annoying because, as fun as the pictures are to draw, there isn’t whole lot you can do with them afterwards; and sometimes I get my best stuff out that way. Depressing, no? You’re right, it isn’t.
You can tell my creativity is lacking tonight, stringing thoughts together right now isn’t exactly going well for me. But then again, it never really is.
I want to take a shower, because I didn’t take on today and I feel all gross. I probably won’t, though. I’ve been very lazy lately. Laziness begets laziness.
God said to Abraham, “Kill me a son.”
And what does Bobby Dyls have to say about this? I will cut this joke off right here, as it is past it’s prime.
A young man I know, who’s name shall go unspecified, has recently uncovered an ancient Egyptian brand of nicotine known as Rah-o-dyn. Evidently, if you smoke it you become a GodKing. He decided to take a little toke, and now he is ruler of the promised land. Who’da thunk, huh?
This isn’t quite a page, but I don’t really feel like typing anymore. There wasn’t much Journally about this entry anyway, so I’m already breaking the rules.


Comments:
Hey hey, my my. Bobby Dyls can never die. Also, I remember your mom saying that Pastor Thom had to come back to fix the ice maker for some reason. And you tried to make ice anyway. It was crazy.
 
If I had a nickel for everytime Taylor used "...and you tried to make ice anyway" as a punchline, Id be one rich sombitch.
 
Muslims are my friends.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?